Professional Negligence Compensation Claims Information
If you’ve suffered any type of professional negligence in any type of industry, you may be entitled to make a claim. Our personal injury claim specialists at Tylers can help you get the right amount of compensation that you deserve. Professional negligence is a growing trend in the UK and more and more claims are being made for this type of case.
How Will I Know If I’m Eligible to Make a Claim for Professional Negligence?
When you turn on the television or read a news stories, more and more professionals are being threatened with lawsuits for professional neglect. Professional neglect is basically when a professional, such as a doctor, has the ability to help a patient, but for whatever reason, the choose not to. Professional neglect should not ever happen and can be avoided if the professional would basically just do what he or she was trained to do in the most professional way possible.
Why Are Professional Negligence Cases Serious?
The average human being puts their lives in the hands of doctors, nurses, and hospital staff anytime they have an ailment that cannot be cured by over the counter treatments. These professionals have been educated by some of the finest institutions throughout the world and to neglect a patient is simply unethical. The results from neglect are pretty clear and are happening more often.
What Are the Symptoms of Professional Negligence?
- Prolonged Sickness – Many of the ailments that we suffer from these days can be quickly cleared up by antibiotics or another form of medication to alleviate the issue. No matter the ailment, you seek medical help to get better and medical neglect can cause you to be sick for quite a long time which can ultimately affect your ability to live a productive life.
- Loss of Employment – Most employers understand that sickness can happen to anyone at any time. They tend to set aside sick days for employees throughout the year to help them not to worry about whether or not they have a job, but professional neglect can cause you to miss too many work days resulting in loss of wages or even loss of employment altogether.
- Infecting Others – In the world we live in today, we have safe guards against getting sick. Antibacterial hand soap is among the best solutions to keep you as well as others from getting sick, but professional neglect can cause you not to get better quickly and therefore become contagious to family, friends, and coworkers. The neglect may start with you, but it can end up with an epidemic when the issue is left untreated.
- Death – We always hope that professional neglect is never taken to this extreme, but it can and will happen. Patients that are neglected by the professionals that they trust so much in can die from complications of an issue that could have been resolved quickly. The cases of wrongful death are mounting throughout the world and many could have been avoided if the professional would have only taken the time to discover what the real problem was.
What are the Reasons Behind Professional Neglect of Duty?
- Overcrowding – There are people throughout the world seeking help for all types of physical ailments and even emotional problems that can be managed through medication. Doctor’s offices and hospitals are overcrowded with people and neglect can happen simply because the medical professional is overworked. There is really no excuse for the neglect, but professionals that are overworked can be negligent.
- Unbelief – When you visit a doctor, they will ask you what symptoms you are having and often these symptoms are not able to be picked up by the best scanners and x-ray machines on the market. Instead, the doctor must rely on the word of the patient. Some doctors who have treated the patient for the same ailment multiple times can come to believe that the patient is lying about the symptoms in order to get specific medications.
- Human Error – More often than not, the professional negligence is caused by human error. The doctors and the nurses are human and therefore subject to error from time to time.
- Equipment Error – Technology has taken over the medical world and now medical professionals are relying on the technology more than their professional opinion. The technology is a great tool, but just like humans, it is subject to error and giving false results.
Need more information? Don’t worry, Lee Kirton or one of our other professional claims solicitors will advise you along the way
Call today on 0800 699 0079 to start your compensation claim!
Professional Negligence Compensation Claims Calculator
If you or someone you know have been a victim to professional negligence as a result of below adequate care by doctors and nurses, then you may be able to claim compensation. We understand the impact that it may have on your life and if you’re curious about how much you could be owed, then you can use Tylers’ simple professional negligence compensation calculator below!
Surgical Negligence Compensation Amounts
Surgery in the UK often goes to plan and everything is good and well. However, on the odd occasion surgery can go wrong and have a negative impact on your health. Surgical negligence often happens when surgery is done on the wrong part of the body and a lack of professionalism is shown. Other examples of surgical negligence may be having the wrong operation or organs being perforated.
Up to £15,000
Prescription and Medication Errors Compensation Amounts
Medical practices and professionals are often very careful in the medication they’re giving out. However, sometimes the wrong prescription can be given to you and this can have adverse effects on you and your health. This is not your fault and you could be entitled to compensation. Taking the wrong dose or wrong medication can lead to brain damage, digestive problems and in some cases death.
Up to £32,400
Negligent Medical Advice Compensation Amounts
Medical professionals have a duty to inform you about symptoms, alternative treatments and give you full transparency in a medical case. If you feel like a lack of care has been taken and it’s resulted in symptoms that have had an adverse impact on your heath, you may be owed compensation.
Up to £14,250
Medical Misdiagnosis Compensation Amounts
These type of cases consist of where there has been a complete misdiagnosis or there has been no diagnosis at all where there should have been one. In both of these cases, it could be life threatening. If this sounds like your current situation, get in touch with us today.
Up to £37,150
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Choose Tylers to Make Professional Negligence Compensation Claims?
Tylers Solicitors offer personal injury professional services and a fully comprehensive service to get you the compensation you deserve or may be entitled too. Throughout the years we have worked hard to ensure that our clients have claimed the compensation they deserve. Money doesn’t solve everything but it certainly helps to reduce the stress of your situation.
Get in touch with us today and start your compensation claim with our friendly team.
Is Tylers a No-Win, No-Fee Professional Negligence Compensation Claims Solicitor?
Here at Tylers, we offer a complete range of no-win, no-fee legal services to assist you in getting the compensation you deserve. Our no-win, no-fee personal injury solicitors will do everything we can to get you the money you’re entitled to. If our legal team is unsuccessful in getting you the compensation you deserve, you won’t need to pay us a penny!
Thanks to our no-win, no-fee services, anyone can attempt to get the legal compensation they’re entitled to. You don’t need to be able to pay our legal fees upfront – instead, our fee will be recovered from the eventual settlement.
Do I Have Grounds to Make a Compensation Claim for Professional Negligence?
If you suspect that you have been the victim of professional negligence, there is no time to lose in making your claim. Professional neglect has become one of the largest issues with patients in recent years and no one should have to suffer because a professional did not do their job. Doctors and nurses are paid very large salaries in hopes that they will give their patients the utmost in care. Unfortunately, things do happen and neglect can occur. No matter if it was the fault of human error or failing equipment, you have a voice and it deserves to be heard. Time is of the essence in these cases as there are statutes of limitations depending on where you live and the circumstances surrounding your claim. Do not allow professional neglect to continue get help as soon as possible.
Let’s Make Things Better
Start your claim today!