Blighted Ovum Compensation Claims
Have you been misdiagnosed for a blighted ovum?
Get in touch with Tylers Solicitors today to start your No Win, No Free Supermarket claim today!
Start Your Claim Today!
Request A Callback
Blighted Ovum Compensation Claims
There is nothing more exciting to a woman than getting the news that she is to be a mother. The thought of that tiny body growing inside your own is simply unmatched by anything else, but that joy can quickly fade when the mother is given the news that the life she thought she was growing within her is no longer alive. The medical term for this is a blighted ovum, but it is most commonly referred to as a miscarriage. The medical world tends to look at a blighted ovum as merely a fluke, but to the mother, it is certainly no fluke.
Is It Possible for a Blighted Ovum (Miscarriage) To Be Misdiagnosed?
The statistics surrounding a blighted ovum suggest that approximately 15% of all pregnancies will end in miscarriage, but more and more cases are occurring where the patient receives a misdiagnosed blighted ovum. Misdiagnosed blighted ovum situations can happen for any number of reasons.
- Too Early to See – Most cases of misdiagnosed blighted ovum occur from the doctor simply performing the initial ultrasound too early. The new guidelines for determining a blighted ovum states that the doctor cannot definitively diagnose a blighted ovum until the sac reaches a size of 24mm.
- Retroverted Uterus – Women that have a retroverted uterus can make seeing the baby during the ultrasound quite difficult. The slight tilting of the uterus means that the sight angle may be off just enough to prevent the ultrasound tech from properly getting a good look at the sac.
- Unsure of Conception Date – A woman’s date of conception is what the doctors will go by to determine how many weeks the pregnancy is. The doctor can sometimes misdiagnose a blighted ovum simply because they believe that the pregnancy is more advanced than it actually is.
NO WIN - NO FEE
For any Medical Negligence Compensation Claims, call Tylers Solicitors today, a leading UK provider of no-win, no-fee legal services. Our experienced team will work with you to get the maximum amount of compensation you’re entitled to, following any kind of injury that isn’t your fault!
Need more information? Don’t worry, Lee Kirton or one of our other professional claims solicitors will advise you along the way
Call today on 0800 699 0079 to start your compensation claim!
What are the Symptoms of a Blighted Ovum?
Like any medical condition, a blighted ovum can have many symptoms associated with it. Some of these symptoms can sometimes go unnoticed by the woman during her first pregnancy simply because she does not have experience with pregnancy. Throughout your pregnancy it is vital that you maintain an open door of communication with your doctor and ask any questions that you may have. There is no question they have not likely heard and the more you know the better off your experience will be. Here are some of the symptoms to watch for that may indicate a blighted ovum.
- Bleeding – During a normal pregnancy bleeding does not occur. Light pink blood or even heavy bleeding may occur at the onset of a blighted ovum. Consult your doctor immediately if bleeding of any type occurs from the vaginal area.
- Abdominal Pain – Although there are pains that can occur throughout the pregnancy such as ligament stretching once the baby begins to grow, there are no such pains associated with the earliest stages of pregnancy. If you experience abdominal pain that feels like cramps or intense pressure, seek medical attention immediately.
- Clots – Once a blighted ovum has already occurred, the body will attempt to eliminate the baby from its system to keep the mother from having any additional problems. Commonly, the woman will begin to pass grey matter from her vaginal area and this unfortunately is the fetal remains.
Do I Have Grounds for a Blighted Ovum Claim?
Just because the doctor states that you have suffered from a blighted ovum does not always mean that one actually occurred. The news that you are no longer pregnant can lead some women to engage in practices that actually cause a blighted ovum and therefore misdiagnosis is highly risky. Not only can the woman suffer from a blighted ovum from engaging in known risk factors, but it can sometimes cause the perfectly healthy baby within the woman’s womb to suffer lifelong ill effects such as slow learning or physical ailments that lead the child to have a lesser quality of life.
If you have been the victim of a misdiagnosed blighted ovum, there is no reason to wait on filing a claim. The quicker you file your claim the less likely other women will have to suffer the way that you have. A misdiagnosed blighted ovum has become more and more common in recent years and there is no reason that you should have to suffer from the negligence of one or even a team of doctors.
If you have suffered Blighted Ovum as a result of an accident that wasn’t your fault then you may be able to make a claim. Call Tylers today on (freephone): 0800 699 0079 to see if you can make a claim today.
For any Birth Injury Claims, call Tylers Solicitors today, a leading UK provider of no-win, no-fee legal services. Our experienced team will work with you to get the maximum amount of compensation you’re entitled to, following any kind of injury that isn’t your fault!
We accept Nationwide compensation claims
No matter where you were injured in the UK, Tylers Solicitors are just a telephone call away from giving you expert advice about your compensation claim. If you would like to contact us about claiming compensation in the UK then telephone 0800 699 0079 today for a no obligation chat.